Our Schools Expert Reference Council consists of an independent group of experts in education, school improvement and equity. It provides education sector input, guidance and advice to both the Steering Group and the Evidence for Learning team. The Schools Expert Reference Council meets four times per annum.
Schools Expert Reference Council Members
- Professor John Hattie (Chair) - Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL), Director, Melbourne Educational Research Institute
- Susan Cameron - Executive Director, Learning Improvement, South Australian Department of Education & Childhood Development
- Mark Clutton - Certified Lead Teacher, Gungahlin College, ACT
- Penny Dakin - Interim CEO, Australian Research Alliance for Children and Youth (ARACY)
- Ross Fox - Director, Catholic Education, Canberra-Goulburn, National Catholic Education Commission (NCEC)
- Aasha Murthy - CEO, Australian Council of Educational Leaders (ACEL)
- Dr. Geoff Newcombe - CEO, Association of Independent Schools NSW
- Gene Reardon – Executive Director, Professional Practice and Leadership Division, Regional Services Group, Department of Education and Training - VIC
- Murat Dizdar – Deputy Secretary, School Operations and Performance, Department of Education & Training - NSW
- Matthew Deeble – Director, Education – Social Ventures Australia
Schools Expert Reference Council Terms of Reference
An independent group of experts in education, school improvement and equity to provide advice and guidance to both the Steering Group and the Business team. It is comprised as an expert group with a mix of leaders across the Australian schools sector.
It meets four times per annum but individual members are available throughout the year for advice.
Its duties are:
- Input to the company’s business plan and annual operating plans
- Advice on how to improve research engagement and use of evidence to improve decision-making
- Supporting the linking of relevant other research and resources to enhance the Teaching & Learning Toolkit initiative
- Supporting the measurement of impact of the Teaching & Learning Toolkit
- Developing and recommending activities consistent with the social purpose objectives of the Teaching & Learning Toolkit
- Introductions to potential endorsers, supporters and partners within the sector